It’s National Mentoring Month!
Hello! During the month of January, we, along with the state of Massachusetts, are celebrating National Mentoring Month (insert link). We’re informing you all to make this a nationwide phenomenon!
Although it’s geared specifically for mentoring youth, at Mentor Up we are reverse mentors!
The purpose of the National Mentoring Month is to “raise awareness of mentoring, recruit individuals to mentor, and promote the rapid growth of mentoring by recruiting organizations to engage their employees in mentoring”.
Wanna celebrate with us?! Here’s how to get involved!:
- Learn more about mentoring and become a mentor in your community.
- Join “I Am a Mentor” Day on January 9 and share your experience on social media using the hashtag #SomeoneWhoMatters. You can also use the hashtag #MentorUp
- Partner with a mentoring organization (Such as Mentor Up) to expand opportunities for all people in your community.
- Share stories about your mentoring experience on social media using #MentoringWorks! You can also use the hashtag #MentorUp
- Thank your mentor on January 16 during “Thank Your Mentor Day!” Think about mentors in your life, send them a thank you card, and use #SomeoneWhoMatters to thank them on social media. You can also use the hashtag #MentorUp
- Read the latest research on mentoring and find resources to help start your own program (www.mentorup.org)
- Start your commitment to mentoring Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, January 20, by looking for a mentoring opportunity in your area.
- Make a donation to a mentoring organization in your community.
- Recruit volunteers to join you in making a difference in someone’s life; National Mentoring Month has information to help you get started.
- Explore ways to help all succeed.
- Enter the Youth Mentoring Day at the State House Photo Contest for a chance to have your photo showcased at the Statehouse on Jan. 23.